If you want a sportfishing machine that definitely falls into the yacht category, the Viking 80EB certainly fits the bill.
This rather massive flybridge boat has a completely enclosed bridge which is as large as the saloons found on some convertibles.
*Note – As is true of most yachts of this size, the owner gets his or her choice of the fishing features to be included. However, some items Viking considers to be standard-issue on the 80 EB include:
Critical Fishing Features
- Four flush-mount gunwale rod holders, three bridge wing rod holders per side, and aft bridge rocket launchers
- Cockpit bait freezer
- Fresh and raw water washdowns
- Transom livewell
- Cockpit chill box
- In-deck fishboxes w/pump-outs
- Integrated tackle stowage
- Under-dinette rod stowage locker
- The 216 square-foot cockpit is just as massive as they come and is capped off with a two-level mezzanine featuring bait-watching seating for three.
- Full towers from Viking subsidiary Palm Beach Towers will put your eyes at the highest elevation in the entire sportfishing fleet.
- Obviously, with a sportfishing yacht this big you’ll worry a lot less about the weather forecast and pretty much go fishing whenever you please in anything short of a gale warning.